Diploma in Cyber Security
Reasons for the Qualifications
The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the cyber security skills required by organisations globally. In doing so, the qualification looks to develop the cyber security team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for that industry. It is also to provide a pathway via learner credits and potential direct entry into Level 5 Cyber Security Degree programmes.
The qualification will:
• prepare learners for employment; and
• support a range of senior IT and digital, data and security roles in the workplace.
This Level 4 course is especially designed for existing organisational executives and leaders who are tasked with responsibility for business resilience, information security, technology and risk management, as well as physical safety and security of people, processes and information. Because the course is flexible and online, and utilises many case studies from business and public-sector organisations, it is particularly suited for those who are already in work, or those who are seeking to
develop a structured competency in organisational cyber security and digital data risk management. This course particularly suits learners who work for large multinational firms, international organisations or widely distributed governmental bodies and agencies.
Learners might be employees who are responsible for colleagues’ and customer-data located across several time-zones via diverse, international business IT and telecoms networks and environments. This qualification will therefore also incorporate converged security considerations critical for those leading and managing the protection of people, assets and information.
Cyber security considerations have now very much converged with physical security requirements. Due to the course’s more advanced technical settings, it is recommended that applicants without any technical experience or understanding of computer networking, network security, programming, or security risk management principles, should complete the QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma in Cyber Security Management and Operations before enrolling onto this course programme.
This Level 4 qualification is potentially unique because it is about ‘cyber security’ as a holistic discipline. It is therefore a semi-technical qualification that looks at both cyber-technical and cyberphysical security threats, risks, responses and risk treatments. Due to the huge economic risks to business communities and their underpinning financial infrastructure from cyber-attacks, this course programme provides a dedicated elective unit, Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and
Finance, in order to thoroughly investigate and analyse how business banking, finance and payment systems are actively targeted, breached and also to ascertain how risks might be treated.
The qualification will identify and evaluate practical ways to safely and securely protect people and information from cyber-attacks and associated impacts.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 4 with a total equivalence of 120 credits. It is envisaged that learners completing this Level 4 programme will progress to QUALIFI Level 5 programmes.
Our qualifications will develop learner ability to:
• apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills
• investigate issues and opportunities
• develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues
• use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways
• make use of relevant information from different sources
• develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges
• exercise judgement and take responsibility for decisions and actions
• develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social
and other transferable skills.
Aim of the Diploma
This Level 4 programme provides the opportunity for individuals to develop a more advanced career in a specific area of business or public organisations by developing analytical knowledge and deeper understandings of several core cyber security operational domains. The course will also provide useful generic management and leadership teaching at key points in order to help learners to build ssential support from within the business for their cyber security work including (but not limited to): Project Management, Risk Management and Business Case writing skills. The QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security aims to give learners the opportunity to:
1. develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in cyber-securityrelated employment
2. progress into Level 5 learning within Cyber Security domains
3. carry out specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or to which learners are aiming to work within business and public service sectors
4. develop their ability to contribute positively to good practice in business technology and risk management environments through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in the qualification
5. develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make an immediate and positive contribution to their employment.
- Μαθήματα 7
- Quiz 0
- Επίπεδο LEVEL 4
- Γλώσσα Αγγλικά
- Μαθητές 20
- Αξιoλογήσεις Ναι